There is a growing expectation amongst consumers to be able to use cards whenever and wherever they shop, accepting card payments is now an essential part of doing business in England.
More than just a payment service
High Street banks and payment services providers make the assumption that providing the ability to take and process payments is all that a payment service provider should do.
NetPay think differently, it is about ensuring that service establishment is as easy and pain free as it possibly can be and it's about ensuring that merchants can depend on the reliability of the services they use. NetPay gives merchants visibility of their transactions, allowing them to influence their consumer experience, showing performance trends and analysis, providing a detailed level of consumer intelligence that allows businesses to make decisions a key difference in the NetPay proposition against other providers of these services.
Dispelling the myth
It is a common misconception that High Street Banks are the only providers of merchant payment services, this is not true in fact many High Street banks lean on the services of other acquiring banks and service providers like NetPay to allow them to offer merchant services and online payments to their customers.
The Death of Cheques
While some businesses continue to be heavy users of cheques, the dependence on cheques has fallen in recent years. The reason being the cost, cheques are an expensive way to do business the average cost to bank a cheque is: £0.29 with the major High Street banks, and then there is a longer length of time to wait until the funds are available causing cash flow issues and the inevitable 'cheque is in the post'.
Cash is no longer king!
The cost of accepting, processing and banking of cash is of significant concern, though many wrongly perceive cash as being 'free' this is simply not true. The cost of banking cash is more expensive than taking card payment, not to mention the security concern and cost of transporting and storing cash.
Cheques and cash also of course do not support the massive growth in online business potential and with 78% of all households having access to the internet, businesses could be missing out on a massive opportunity to capitalise on the growing culture of buying products and services online.
Get in touch...
Revolution is NetPay’s flagship service management and reporting platform, developed in-house. The platform empowers merchants to effectively manage their services as well as gain meaningful reporting and analytics including;
- Multi-channel reporting combining in-store and online performance to view statistics across both aspects of a merchants business through one-consolidated platform segmented by location.
- Full current and legacy visibility allows merchants to respond to emerging trends.
Reports consist of the following;
- Card sales performance (ability to break down by merchant, county, region, sub-region, postcode area etc)
Monitor best performing; hours, days, weeks, months, years.
- Card type usage
- Best performing reports showing, best performing counties, regions, postcodes etc
- Trend analysis incorporating, average transaction values, comparisons against earlier trading periods etc
- Geo-mapping of service orders showing the location of merchants
- Geo-mapping providing a live insight into online payment sales as they happen